Re: On babies and bathwater (was Re: [rtcweb] Summary of Application Developers' opinions of the current WebRTC API and SDP as a control surface)

From: Robin Raymond <robin@hookflash.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:44:40 -0400
To: Martin Steinmann <martin@ezuce.com>
CC: public-webrtc@w3.org

When you force something upon people they really don't want, it tends to
lead to revolt. That's what you are seeing here.

It's really a reaction to a mandate decided by a few early on in the
process (and even some involved then objected). Now more are joining in
and realizing this SDP O/A mandate is a major concern, while others who
originally thought SDP was okay have since changed their minds.

FYI - this "revolt" also consists of SIP people who are against this SDP
mandate too, not just a bunch of 'new' tech guys.

-Robin