Re: Moving forward with SDP control

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:

>     That doesn't matter. Think of OOP "encapsulation". The API defines a
> contract. It is well within its right to declare SDP as an undefined/opaque
> token outside the scope of the API. Anyone who relies upon its contents is
> relying on implementation details that will change over time and break
> their application. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Perhaps that could be true if this were purely WebRTC browser-to-browser,
but it's not.  The SDP put into the setRemoteDescription can come from
anywhere, not just another WebRTC browser.  For example, it could come from
a legacy device, a mobile app, a gateway server, or an application server
written by the same developer writing the JS.  And at that point, how much
does it matter if the SDP came from a server written by the developer or JS
written by the developer?