RE: Moving forward with SDP control

Not only does that blob go over the wire, but in order to get to the wire it comes out and goes in via JavaScript-accessed holes. That's an API, I'm afraid, even if you don't want it to be.

Matthew Kaufman

From: Roman Shpount [mailto:roman@telurix.com]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 2:18 PM
To: cowwoc
Cc: Peter Thatcher; piranna@gmail.com; Kiran Kumar; Likepeng; Cullen Jennings; public-webrtc@w3.org; Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE)
Subject: Re: Moving forward with SDP control

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org<mailto:cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>> wrote:
Hi Peter,

    It sounds like I'm missing something. As a web developer, I have haven't had to choose a SDES crypto key in order to initiate video chat. The underlying WebRTC implementation might have done so and I passed this opaque blob (SDP) over the wire, but I never had to touch it myself.

    So what am I missing here?

The blob that goes over the wire. It still exposes the underlying data, so it is still part of the API.

Roman Shpount