Re: [rtcweb] On babies and bathwater (was Re: Summary of Application Developers' opinions of the current WebRTC API and SDP as a control surface)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> wrote:

> On 7/19/13 12:39, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>

>> So, are you trying to say "Look how hard this is to do with SDP.  We're
>> not even done yet.  It will be even harder without SDP"?
>>

> No. I'm not saying it would be harder. I'm saying it wouldn't be easier,

It wouldn't be harder, and it wouldn't be easier.  So, it would be about
the same amount of work for either?

> and you would lose tangible benefits.

I still don't understand how this could be true.  If we define an API that
allows JS to use either SDP or not, at its choice, how is that a loss?  It
seems like only a gain.