RE: Discussing new API proposals

From: Stefan Håkansson LK [mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com]

> The current approach for 1.0 is to use SDP, but if someone contributes a
> (detailed) proposal that takes us faster to the goal of a stable spec, maintains
> functionality and still would be possible to translate to/from SDP, then I think
> people would listen.

We did that, in January.

I still maintain that it would take us faster to the goal of a stable spec, would have at least as much functionality, and we can show that it is easily translatable to/from SDP (easier than using what comes out of JSEP-based browsers, even). (What we can't show is how to translate it to the SDP that comes out of the current JSEP-based browsers, however, as we don't have a specification sufficient to know what that is nor can we look at the source code to work it out that way)

I thought people would listen too, but I was proven wrong, so here we are.

Matthew Kaufman