Re: Moving forward with SDP control

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:24:46 +0200
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
2013/7/16 Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>:
> Recently there has been a lot of discussion (primarily in the IETF/rtcweb
> space though, but this topic really belongs here) about the desire to meet
> most use-cases without having to parse, modify or construct SDP.

Hi Harald,

Could you please point to some recent mail (in public-webrtc or rtcweb
ML) in which "a better API to avoid SDP mangling" is requested?
Are those requests more in number than those others requesting a new
non-SDP-based API?

I simply would like to understand where the conclusion "we need a
better API to avoid SDP mangling, but we want SDP O/A" comes from.

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>