Re: DOM Futures

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:22:38 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 13/07/2013 10:35 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * cowwoc wrote:
>>      It's possible that we are referring to separate meetings. Where are
>> the IRC chat logs posted to?
> http://www.w3.org/2013/06/05-mediacap-minutes.html probably.

     That's the one.

     Upon revisiting the log, my interpretation is that:

  * slightyoff, annevk, Cow_woC (that's me), jib were in favor of DOM
    Futures.
  * juberti, ekr, mreavy were against.
  * I could't tell which way stefanh, jesup, burn were leaning.

     Most importantly, though, note how the meeting ended and how there
is a lack of resolution and action items. I therefore stand by my
original assertion that the meeting needs to be repeated in a more
organized fashion.

  * We need more stakeholders in the room.
  * We need a resolution.
  * We need action items.

I would also like to point out that in order to reach a sensible
resolution we need to come to an agreement as to whether 1.0 is really
"around the corner".

Thanks,
Gili