Re: Locus of API discussion

On 09/07/2013 11:33 AM, Ted Hardie wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The recent set of API discussions has been spread across both the
> rtcweb and public-webrtc mailing lists.  That's making it both harder
> to follow and harder for folks to work out who is saying what under
> which rules.  The chairs of both groups believe that the right place
> for the discussion to continue should be public-webrtc.  Please direct
> follow-ups on this topic to that list.
>
> regards,
>
> Ted Hardie
Ted,

     I agree, with one caveat: virtually none of the high-level
stakeholders (spec editors, browser vendors, etc) bother to engage the
community on public-webrtc.

     What's the point of discussing the API on this mailing list if our
opinion goes unnoticed? We shouldn't be moving the discussion to
public-webrtc as a nice way to filter us out. This discussion requires
their attention, be it on one mailing list or the other. I don't mind
where we discuss it, so long as they get involved.

     Is it their intention to get involved on public-webrtc and
summarize the results on rtcweb?

Thanks,
Gili