Re: VS: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:31:03 -0400
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
CC: Parthasarathi R <partha@parthasarathi.co.in>, Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>, Robin Raymond <robin@hookflash.com>, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, "piranna_gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc_w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
On 04/07/2013 11:37 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> WebRTC must be a technology for the Web, and its purpose must be to
> provide the best mechanism for the Web to include powerful (and
> future) RTC features. Extending the current telephony industry
> business should not be the main target of WebRTC.

     Agreed, so long as we don't define "the web" as a browser. The
target audience should be bigger than just Desktop browsers. I see a lot
of value in embedding this technology in arbitrary applications, whether
they be on mobile devices or on desktop.

Gili