Re: API design

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 08:48:21 -0400
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
CC: Tim Panton <thp@westhawk.co.uk>, piranna@gmail.com, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
On 03/07/2013 4:14 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El 03/07/2013 10:04, "tim panton" <thp@westhawk.co.uk
> <mailto:thp@westhawk.co.uk>> escribió:
>

> > As an extra datapoint (in case anyone cares) we've implemented the
> whole media wire protocol
> > (STUN/ICE/DTLS/BUNDLE/SRTP) in java from the spec. It interoperates
> nicely with chrome and firefox.
> > the crypto parts are open source.
> >
> > The only code shared with chrome is libopus (which is optional).
> > Feel free to play with it on phono.com <http://phono.com> .
> >
> > Generating compatible SDP was the biggest single problem.
>
> Could you please expose some specific detalis about your SDP related
> issues?

     Please avoid hijacking this topic :) If you want to discuss SDP
please do so in the other discussion thread. The point of this
discussion thread (which unfortunately I have been unable to get
traction for) is to put together a design document that lists all
use-cases and uses that to retrofit the API into something more
user-friendly. This topic does not deal with the wire format, only with
the API used to interact with it.

Thanks,
Gili