From: Adam Roach [adam@nostrum.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:38 AM
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
Subject: TURN URL syntax confusion

In discussing our implementation of STUN and TURN URIs, it became apparent that there is a mismatch between what is currently proposed in the IETF and what is given as an example in the most recent W3C WebRTC editor's draft (as well as assumptions around what parameters are needed for defining an ICE server configuration record).

>From http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petithuguenin-behave-turn-uri-03#appendix-A.4

      <username> is not used in the URIs because it is not used to guide
      the resolution mechanism.

>From http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html#rtcconfiguration-type

An example array of RTCIceServer objects is:

[ { url:"stun:stun.example.net" } , { url:"turn:user@turn.example.org"<mailto:turn:user@turn.example.org>, credential:"myPassword"} ]

These need to be harmonized. I suspect we really need to define RTCIceServer to contain an optional "user" parameter of type DOMString, and give the example as:

[ { url:"stun:stun.example.net" } , { url:"turn:turn.example.org", user:"myUsername", credential:"myPassword"} ]

/a