Re: Contribution to WebRTC

On 02/14/2013 07:47 AM, Yash Luhadiya wrote:
> Hello
> I would like to contribute to WebRTC project. Please let me know to
> proceed.

Welcome!

(since this is the W3C, step 1 is needed):
1) Clarify your status. Are you working for a member company that can
designate you as their delegate to the WEBRTC working group? If so,
contact your AC representative to get designated.
If not, are you happy with the constraints of Observer status?

2) Read the specs. Play with the implementations (Chrome/Chromium or
Firefox).

3) Figure out something that you don't understand, or that you think can
be done better. Talk to people and read mailing list archives to see if
you can figure out why it is the way it is.

4) If you think there's no good reason for being worse than it could be,
suggest a change!

A lot of reading is needed - including searching for broken English and
dangling references, not just technical review. Also, test cases are
needed - from people who understand how W3C testing works.

There's no lack of challenges!