Re: nitpicking the code and examples

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:34:31 -0500
To: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <tterriberry@mozilla.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 6 February 2013 14:13, Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Martin Thomson wrote:
>>
>> My bad.  This is definitely something that we need to discuss: how and
>> when incoming streams are passed to the application.
>

> The current spec says it happens when you call setRemoteDescription(), as
> you suggested. What is Cullen's objection?
>
> We also need to discuss how the SDP gets converted into MediaStreams, both
> when msid attributes are present (assuming the IETF ever finishes
> standardizing msid) and when they aren't (the "legacy interop" case).

I think that Cullen's objection relates to the latter case, but he is
no doubt receiving this email and can make his own assertions.

The legacy case is somewhat sticky: I don't know what
(MediaStreamTrack) identifiers are attached to those streams.  What is
most interesting is the case where msid attributes arrive after the
first packets, which is possible...maybe.