Re: Material for discussing scoping for version one

On Dec 16, 2013, at 11:02 AM, Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>> On 12/16/2013 04:56 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:

>>> This list might be ok as the start of TODO list of things we still need to
>>> resolve but the idea that default decision is "Ignore unknown mandatory
>>> constraints" is something that we could decide if we we do it now or later
>>> makes no sense. That is something we need to decide before we get the 1.0
>>> spec out.
>>
>> Agreed. If you look carefully in the "proposed decision" column, that
>> particular row has "no" as the proposed decision.
>>
>> In general, the proposed decisions are "Yes" (do it before LC), "Not in 1.0"
>> (we may or may not do it later) and "No" (we won't do it, and recommend that
>> the question not be revisited either).
>
> Are the contents of this column actually the chair's proposal for what
> we should do? Just a placeholder? I worked on this document, but
> they're certainly don't match my opinion.

I've never seen this list before and very curios who was working on it but either way,  same as EKR I don't understand. Is this the chairs proposal on what we should do ? Or is this what they chairs claim there is consensus to do?  Would you add the items I sent to the agenda call as things to discuss?