Re: gUM's optional constraints algorithm penalizes user-choice chasing best-match for webpage

On 31 August 2013 00:43, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
> The reason this works is that our (unchanged) core "remove-from-list"
> algorithm ignores zero-reducing optional constraints, which makes it more
> lenient the smaller the starting set is.

I'd go even further and not remove anything that is marked with an
optional constraint.  I'd use optional constraints to select a
default, and maybe to order sources.

But I'm still a constraint-skeptic.  Feel free to ignore me, I'm
clearly not in the consensus on this one.