Re: Transport related API need

On 2013-08-22 07:31, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> On 08/20/2013 06:46 PM, Hutton, Andrew wrote:
>>
>> It should I know be possible for the receiver of the offer to
>> ignore the bundle option and everything to work but I believe there
>> should be a clean API that can be used to tell the browser not to
>> even attempt bundling without relying on the application to modify
>> SDP.
>
> I'm not convinced that the case exists in the real world where
> offering bundling is harmful.

To me the obvious use case would be for a browser to browser session
where the app knows that separate transports would be beneficial
(perhaps the access network can apply different treatment based on 5-tuple).

In this case both end-points support Bundle, and it would be used unless
the app can ask for it not to be used.

However, I guess you can get the same result by sending the different
tracks over different PeerConnections (given that they would use the
same CNAME so they can be synchronized at playout).

> If we need it, I agree that it should be possible to just twist an
> API knob. I'm just not finding the need compelling.

To it seems that the knob (if we conclude there should be such a knob)
should be placed on the PeerConnection constructor - when creating a PC
you can ask it to not use Bundle.