Re: Some of the shortcoming of offer/answer + SDP based API

On 09/10/2012 08:36 PM, Roman Shpount wrote:
> I think you missed my point. What I am trying to say is that there are
> a number of parameters that needs to be specified which are not a part
> of offer/answer exchange, and that there are a number of parameters
> that can be changed without an offer/answer exchange. Current API is
> constraint in such a way that you cannot specify first at all and
> cannot change second without doing a complete offer/answer exchange
> with remote side that is not needed.
OK, now I think I understand what you are saying. Those things can't be
changed with an offer/answer exchange either; you're asking for more API
surface.

Some of them were expected to be described as "constraints" last time I
saw people have an opinion (and we need a mechanism to change
constraints after mediastream creation / connection). Those that can't
be described in such a way ... we need to identify and discuss.