Goals of this work (Re: Poll for preferred API alternative)

On 09/06/2012 10:33 PM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> I tried to make this point on the IRC channel of the last call, but
> clearly it must be made again.
>
> There is nothing in my reading of the use cases that makes the
> "browser-to-browser" use case *any more or less important than the
> other use cases*.

You're right, there is no such distinction in the use-case document.
When writing what you quote below ("the main target for this work is the
browser-browser case.") I had the charters of the IETF rtcweb and this
(webrtc) WG in mind.

The part "I think it is OK if the descriptions must be manipulated for
interop (with non-browser end-points) cases" is of course just my
personal opinion which I hope was made clear from the part "I think".

Stefan