Re: ICE in MS Proposal

On Aug 30, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Priority was omitted for a number of reasons.  Mainly, this was an
> efficiency choice.  ICE operates well enough without it.

That was debated and studied during the development of ICE. The IETF came to the conclusion that common  sequencing is needed and not to ignore priority.

I've done many experiments in this space and come to the conclusion that the amount of improvement that this correct ordering provides makes a significant improvement in the number of places ICE works. Raw data is considered confidential so I can't share it. In totally irony, the person that convinced me that this really mattered and I had to do the experiments to confirm he was right was a Skype engineer in Estonia.