RE: OfferToReceive in CreateAnswer

Hi Harald,

I was looking at this just today and came to the conclusion that the constraints are not yet well defined.

The options in section 11.1 don't currently reflect what an application might want to do with the offer or the answer with regarding to the direction.

Even in the offer an application should also have the option to offer to send audio/video and not receive it (i.e. a=sendonly) and it should also have the option to offer audio/video but make it inactive.

All options should also be available in the answer but constrained by the RFC 3264 rules regarding responding to the offer. So if the offer indicates a=sendonly the options in the answer are a=recvonly or a=inactive.

This applies to both the initial offer and any subsequent offer/answer during the session.

Regards
Andy