Re: Proposal for support of RTMP

RTMP is out of date already, using TCP-based protocol for real time audio and video communication isn't a good idea

Adobe has implemented RTMFP protocol in Flash (ver. higher or equal to 10), it is UDP-based and supports p2p, but it's proprietary protocol that can't be use as a standard for W3C and IETF. More of that, it's too complicated and offers too big overhead (compared to RTP)

It's better to focus on WebRTC development

Best Regards,
Alexey

Oct 16, 2012, Χ 8:01 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜ(Α):