Re: Synchronous getUserMedia proposal

On 11/05/2012 01:17 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 5 November 2012 10:41, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> In the network case, a media description is used to create the stream and
>> the receiving side and it's pretty capable of describing future stream
>> content. In our local case, the user may only grant one media component.
>> Perhaps ended track state is good enough to solve this.
>
> It might be possible to combine those two things into an onready
> event.  For user streams this would indicate consent, for network
> streams, the first packet.  Something to consider.

Agree, but I think onunmute could be used for this (but we could of
course rename it to onready or something like that). I.e. status of the
tracks delivered immediately by gUM is MUTED, and this changes to LIVE
(and fires the unmute event) once the used gives consent, but changes to
ENDED (and fires ended) instead of MUTED for the tracks the user does
not give consent to.