MediaRecorder

From: Young, Milan <Milan.Young@nuance.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:36:55 +0000
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
MediaRecorder was pulled from the spec because it was poorly defined.   While I agree that such a move made sense, it's making it even harder to understand what the thing was supposed to do in the first place :)

I'm looking for an interface that will allow a developer to connect a getUserMedia() stream to a WebSocket or file.  The data would need to be written nearly realtime in a codec selectable by the application developer.  No PeerConnection required.

Is this the general direction of MediaRecorder?  If so, is this group planning on performing that work, or is the Audio Working Group a better fit.

Thanks