Re: Question about sync / async for createOffer and createAnswer

On 9 May 2012 23:47, Ravindran, Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com> wrote:
> Async proposal looks more appropriate as createOffer is equivalent to get
> capability of the browser and setLocalDescription is based on the policy of
> the WebRTC application. Based on my Customer Premises Equipment development
> understanding, it takes time to load the specific codec into DSP based
> devices and not possible to load all the codec at the same time.

That's an argument for setLocalDescription being async.  It's still
likely a good argument for createOffer/createAnswer being async too,
but you wont be actually loading codecs in response to createOffer.

Of course, everything should be async so that we have to write code like:

a(function(b) {
  b.c(function(d) {
    d.e(function(f) {
     // etc...