Re: [ACTION-43] (sdp related objects and global namespace) - way forward

On 06/14/2012 05:24 PM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Le jeudi 14 juin 2012 à 11:19 -0400, Justin Uberti a écrit :
>
>> IceCandidate and SessionDescription represent different concepts. For
>> example, IceCandidate has a label attribute to indicate which media it
>> is relevant for (it's not just a DOMString).
> That might be the intent, but not what the current spec has; if there is
> a need for two strings, I suggest a dictionary rather than a full blown
> interface.
>
>>   And SessionDescription will surely have methods in the future to make
>> handling SDP less messy.
> That's the part that I think was at least somewhat controversial during
> the F2F.
I was actually arguing hard *against* defining SDP manipulation methods
in this version of the interface, but *for* keeping the SDP object so
that we have the option of doing so in the future.

Those of us who have still not grasped the intricacies of SDP (in whose
numbers I count myself at least half the days of the week) need to have
some working examples of code that manipulates SDP shown to them, with
descriptions of why the manipulations were intrinsically necessary and
not just a bug on one or the other side, before we should dare to think
that we know what interfaces to design.