Re: [ACTION-43] (sdp related objects and global namespace) - way forward

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:24:10 +0200
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Cc: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, Anant Narayanan <anant@mozilla.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Le jeudi 14 juin 2012 à 11:19 -0400, Justin Uberti a écrit :

> IceCandidate and SessionDescription represent different concepts. For
> example, IceCandidate has a label attribute to indicate which media it
> is relevant for (it's not just a DOMString).

That might be the intent, but not what the current spec has; if there is
a need for two strings, I suggest a dictionary rather than a full blown
interface.

>  And SessionDescription will surely have methods in the future to make
> handling SDP less messy.

That's the part that I think was at least somewhat controversial during
the F2F.

> Combining them to save a namespace name seems like the wrong
> optimization.

In this case, it's not so much about namespacing the interfaces as much
as determining whether they're useful at all.

Dom