Re: UI Problem - media types of incoming connection

On 06/04/2012 11:23 PM, Justin Uberti wrote:
> Cullen and I discussed this and agreed the onaddstream handling
> mentioned here (and I presume, the contents of
> PeerConnection.remoteStreams) is the right solution.
>
> However, this does bring up a couple other questions:
> - If the caller advertises multiple media streams/tracks in its offer,
> but the callee only accepts some of them (accepting audio but not
> video by setting the m= port to zero), does a callback at the callee
> side get fired (after setLocalDescription(answer)) indicating those
> remoteStreams have now gone away?
> - Same thing, but from the caller side - how does the caller find out
> that some of its streams/tracks were rejected (we have no callback for
> this, currently), and do those localStreams go away?
My opinion:

At the API level, we should keep the concept that the sender dictates
the content of LocalStreams, and RemoteStreams is strictly a mirror of
what's in LocalStreams. Similarly for Tracks.

Thus, a track that's rejected at the SDP level should not disappear from
the API; it should be present, but marked as muted at the sender's side.

If SDP later renegotiates the session to allow the relevant media type,
it can be unmuted.