Re: UI Problem - media types of incoming connection

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:48:05 -0700
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, public-webrtc@w3.org
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this is even needed for this case. I would think we would
> handle this by calling setRemoteDescription("offer", sdp), and then look at
> the MediaStream (either from remoteStreams on onaddstream to see if it has
> audio or video tracks. Bob hasn't signaled anything back to Alice at this
> point, so this should be fine.

This is what I had originally assumed one would do, and then when Cullen
and I tried to do independent sequence diagrams, it turned out that he
didn't agree, so I asked him if the editors could try to propose something :)

Cullen can provide his own arguments for why you don't want to use
onaddstream, but IIRC part of it was that the streams aren't actually
readable at this point.

-Ekr