Re: Constraints structure and Capabilities API

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:04:03 -0700
Cc: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>, public-webrtc@w3.org
To: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>

Rich, not really sure what you are getting at here - I agree with your points but it seems like the proposed API would do everything you want.

>> What if the app wants to process the data (image recognition, etc), but
>> to reduce processing load (or reduce low-light noise) wants a lower
>> resolution or lower framerate or both?
>
> This was one of the points in my previous email. I think there is a case to limit the sheer amount of pixel data you get back in some cases. Specifically I'm thinking about real-time analysis use cases but I see that as one flag hint rather than a set of min/max properties.

Lets say due to IP, you only wanted no more than 5 mpix / second. You would set just one constraint.

0:{video-max-pixelrate:5.0, mandatory:true}

That's it and the rest would just happen. Dan seems to have exactly what you wanted.