RE: [rtcweb] JSEP-02: New offer and answer to previous offer [was: JSEP-02: SDP_PRANSWER and FEDEX use-case]

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:14:59 +0100
To: Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
CC: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>

Hi,

Just to clarify: the new offer is for the same "session" as the previous offer, and is supposed to replace the previous offer.

The browser can of course send a just-audio offer somewhere, and a just-video offer somewhere else, but would those even be associated with the same PeerConnection? I thought we wanted only one offer/answer, which is the reason it has been suggested e.g. not to support paralell forking in the browser.

Regards,

Christer