Re: Membership management (Re: Call for Consensus to publish a First Public Working Draft of "Media Stream Capture Scenarios", deadline 20 Feb 2012

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:30:54 +0100
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi Cullen,

Le mardi 14 février 2012 à 06:11 -0700, Cullen Jennings a écrit :
> Thank you but I'm confused. Can you send me the link to the charter so
> I can get legal to review this. Cisco explicitly did not join DAP as
> we did not want to be bound by the IPR commitments of DAP so the idea
> this is bound by the IPR commitments of both is very concerning to us.
> I imagine that Microsoft would be equally concerned to be bound by the
> IPR commitments of WebRTC.

The charter is at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2011Nov/0071.html
(now linked from the task force home page
http://www.w3.org/wiki/Media_Capture )

Note that joining the task force doesn't require making any commitment
with regard to the DAP charter; media capture is in scope for both
groups, and you don't make any additional commitment by participating in
the task force.

Dom