RE: [rtcweb] New JSEP draft posted

Justin,

What happens if the application JavaScript modifies the offer?  Take the offer generation in example 7.1:

1.  OffererJS->OffererUA:   pc = new PeerConnection();

2.  OffererJS->OffererUA:   pc.addStream(localStream, null);

3.  OffererJS->OffererUA:   pc.startIce();

4.  OffererUA->OffererJS:   iceCallback(candidate, false);

5.  OffererJS->OffererUA:   offer = pc.createOffer(null);

6.  OffererJS->OffererUA:   pc.setLocalDescription(SDP_OFFER, offer.toSdp());

7.  OffererJS->AnswererJS:  {"type":"OFFER", "sdp":"<offer>"}

Could the JS modify the offer between steps 5 and 6 or between steps 6 and 7?  For example, between steps 5 and 6, could the JS add a stream for which pc.addStream had not been called previously?  Would setLocalDescription make the necessary modifications in that case?    What about changes after setLocalDescription has been called?  Are they not allowed?  If they are allowed, how does the peer connection know what to expect from the other side?

-          Jim