Re: Low Level Javascript API Proposal

On 10/4/2011 11:36 AM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> Neil, what's your initial thoughts for what the API for VP8 and H.264 codec would look like in this. I think that is where stuff got hard for me when trying to sort out draft-jennings-rtcweb-api? Perhaps we can talk about this on the call tomorrow.

I would propose that this can be solved anywhere on the spectrum from
"there's a Javascript object, serializable as JSON, that contains all
the parameters" to "we reuse the parameter strings as defined for SDP,
but don't use any of the rest of SDP". The former is far more convenient
to manipulate in the Javascript domain, the latter comes with a whole
standards body to define it.

Matthew Kaufman