Re: DTMF again

From: Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:40:54 -0800
CC: public-webrtc@w3.org
> say if an AudioMediaStreamTrack supports dtmf or not: what if the track
> is attached to two PeerConnection objects; one of them connects to a

I agree that's an issue, but for the purposes of answering the "Should I
display a dial pad?" question, one that can be solved by indicating DTMF
support so long as any PeerConnection sink for the MediaStream has
support for it.

If you _really_ need to know about DTMF support on a PC-by-PC basis, you
could still make copies of the track (e.g., by cloning it directly... we
can do that for MediaStreams, but I'm not sure about tracks... or
routing it through a ProcessedMediaStream that does not actually do any
processing), and connect each track to only one PC. That's a bit ugly,
but I'm not sure this is such a useful thing that we need to bend over
backwards to support it cleanly.