Re: Requirement doc draft

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:37:51 +0200
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
On 2011-08-29 12:00, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> On 08/26/11 15:12, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> the draft requirements document earlier circulated by email has been
>> uploaded: http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc_reqs.html
>>
>> The proposed changes regarding "context" and possibility to indicate
>> e.g. audio only have been incorporated in this version.
>>
>> All feedback/input is welcome.
>>
>> Stefan
>>

> Hm. Now that I see the two documents in context, I get quite worried
> about the ability to track requirements back to use cases. The two
> documents can VERY easily get out of sync, and now that the actual API
> requirements are no longer in the use case document, the lists of
> A<number>s look very out of place.
>
> I would be less nervous about the linkability if the requirements
> document included a list of the use cases by name, with section numbers
> in the IETF spec, and the A<number>  lists.
>
> Sorry for not seeing this point when the initial version was circulated
> by email...

As editor I share your concerns. Maybe we should return to this question
at the telco this Wednesday? Personally I'm happy to add a list of the
use cases, but there is still the issue of if one of the docs change,
and the change impact the other there is a need to keep them aligned.
Not an ideal situation...