Re: [AR Standards Discussion] AR & Declarative 3D for the Web Community Groups (was Re: Getting started with the W3C AR Community Group)

Hi,
Indeed, the synergy would be there, on some point.

As i'v replied on the "Getting started with the W3C AR Community Group"
topic --
"I hope - our CG's would work closely, together, as long as we have the
parallel intentions
 of promoting the native W3C 3D for the Web Graphics."

Though, maybe your CG would participate in W3C POI WG or other related
to AR Web,
by this - extending the collaboration for W3C AR Web,
i think it depends on the level of "nativity" you would propose to W3C
and communities.

I vote for as decoupled and W3C based AR environment as possible, so
AR Web wouldn't end in
some 3DARWBL(web browsers language) standard..

But start - in a synergy that being created and promoted by WWW users
and developers - actually, for the environment like we have in W3C Web
and as the
next step of W3C Web, not becoming much more than a reaction of W3C/AR
Communities
to the latest W3C standards for the rational and thoughtful evolution
of Web experience.
Evolution where we all, in best traditions, could use as a "best tool
for the job" an XML and/or HTML and/or JavaScript etc.
these that may be used for both 3D, AR and other web experiences.

> Both approaches will likely be
> merged into a joint proposal (we actually have a common German project
> to do so).

May be great, i like the work of both! what's the project?

> We also had
> someone from the Mozilla graphics team highly interested in setting up
> some declarative layer for interactive 3D well above WebGL.

I see it is, particularly, in scope of W3C AR CG,
Mozilla, along with many other major organizations, have a rough times
now, fighting on all the markets,
emerging markets BTW, for all the experiences.. maybe it is due to a
W3C paradigm-shifting Web Standards
that, in order, are representing the Industries, Markets Standards -- demands.
Since we are all on this fringe of AR and Web worlds now, i hope - all
the participants of ours and other related to W3C AR CG's,
would see and develop together - the solution for the best of
next-Web, Web 3 or whatever it would be named.

PS: Chairs, let's transfer the discussion and collaboration about W3C
sort of AR Web into public-ar@w3.org list, smoothly,
from the related WG's and organizations. Let's encourage the process
of forwarding and more important - discussion
on the related topics from these to W3C AR CG mailing lists, so it
would ease our work.