Re: Draft "summary of decisions"

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK <
stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> This is the meat of what I plan to send (note there is no decision on
> the first two items - I will move them to a separate section when
> sending). Please let me know what I got wrong:

> webrtc-pc
> ---------
> Issue 979/PR 996: When is an RTCSctpTransport Created and Destroyed?:
> Something about being created at pr-answer - I did not record any
> decision apart from "Taylor will update PR"

Decision: RTCSctpTransport is created when both an offer and an answer have
been processed; this is the earliest time datachannels can be used, and the
earliest time a value is available for maxmessagesize (which is the main
point of the object). We can create it on pr-answer (if not for pr-answer,
it would be logical to create it when entering a stable state).

> Issue 116/PR 990: Add an explicit stats selection algorithm: discussed,
> two things noted: J-I would prefer something recursive instead of a
> fixed list. Several preferred having sender/receiver as selcetor instead
> of track

Decision: J-I will craft a worked example of what will be returned under a
recursive algorithm; J-I will craft a PR for selecting on sender/receiver
rather than track, as a basis for further discussion.

> PR 988: Add RTCOfferOptions.reofferOptions: DECISION: We will not merge
> this one. JSEP expected to provide what is needed.

I'd phrase the last part as "Discussion in JSEP will result in either
asking for this again, asking for something else, or dropping the issue".

> Issue 709: offerToReceiveAudio/offerToReceiveVideo remain in
> implementations: DECISION to add this back into the spec (in the
> compatibility section). Note that only the binary/boolean version will
> be added back in (indicating that you are offering to receive one track)
>
> Issue 961: Effect of a BYE on RTCRtpReceiver.track: Bernard's proposed
> resolution was generally liked, but there are some corner cases to sort.
> DECISION: to go in the direction of Bernard's proposed resolution.
>
> Issue 962: Event when a transceiver is stopped via remote action:
> Bernard's proposed solution was like, DECISION to add to spec.

nit: s/like/liked/

> Issue 714/PR 1000: STUN/TURN auth credential management (OAuth):
> DECISION: got with the "hybrid" API, and make username optional.
>

> mediacapture-main
> -----------------
> Issue 404: Revive createObjectURL?: The idea of reviving was disliked.
> DECISION: do not revive. (Implementors promised to add deprecation
> warnings and similar, and demo code etc. will be gone through to change
> to .srcObject.)
>
> Issue 425: Do we update legacy methods to keep up with the spec?:
> DECISION: do nothing (for the time being at least).

Suggest to add: This means that legacy methods are shims over the main
methods, and changes and clarifications in the main spec will also change
the legacy methods.

> Issue 426: Move “advanced” out of constrainable pattern: DECISION: defer
> this discussion until there is some spec that intend to use
> constrainable pattern and does not like to implement advanced.

> Br,
> Stefan

Looks good!