Notes, March 17 2015

On 03/17/2016 02:28 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> The usual.
>
> Overarching items:
>
> - Travis CI troubles. Us getting used to Travis failing too much led us
> to overlook a real bug. Sad.
> I think the Travis should be green now.
>
> Mediacapture-Main:
> ============
> Pulls:
> -------
> #319 Text incorporating the Permissions API's definition of perm
> (martinthomson)
> I think this is ready, but need reviewer signoff.
Hoping for Martin's review. Blanks at end of lines...
Adam will take a look.

> #321 Removing track attributes "remote" and "readonly" (see Issu ()
> No objections so far. Chairs have declared consensus.
Merged. Need a PR to remove refs in webrtc-pc.

> #326 Persist device IDs like they were cookies,  ()
> Suggest closing this one. There were arguments for the "don't store"
> language.
Stefan clsoes.

> #329 Fixing sourceId -> deviceId. ()
> Editorial. merge.
merged.

> #330 Alternative fix for #322 ()
> Needs new title - "Make group ID non-persistent". I don't think it fixes
> #322.
Dan will take a look at it.

> #331 Use NotAllowedError for permission failure in getUserMedia  ()
> LGTM
merged.

> Issues:
> ---------
> #305 Use permissions API model for describing permissions? (alvestrand)
> See #319
>
> #316 MediaTrackSettings/ConstraintSet/Capabilities... should lin (burnburn)
> Editorial.
On Dan's list.

> #317 Switch getUserMedia permission-rejection to NotAllowedError (adam-be)
> See #331
Closed.

> #320 Should we remove track attributes "remote" and "readonly"? ()
> See #321
Closed.

> #322 Browsing sessions and device IDs (alvestrand)
Still discussion open. May be able to close as "no change".

> #327 Get raw data from MediaStream ()
> Suggest closing as "wontfix".
Closed.
> #332 Support retrieving output device channel count ()
> Audio again. Dom pointed to "audio output spec". Not edit-ready.
Closing as "later".

Open issue count: 3!!!!

> WebRTC-PC:
> =======
> Pulls:
> -------
>
> #466 Use an enum to describe directionality of RTP Stream (alvestrand)
> #467 Use enum for voiceActivityDetection (alvestrand)
> #471 Use enum for RTCDataChannel’s ordered attribute (alvestrand)
Working on it.
> #527 Enable trickling of end-of-candidates through addIceCandida (taylor-b)
Merged.
> #533 Add RTCIceTransportState Enum (taylor-b)
Waiting for Taylor's comment. It's basically carried over from ORTC.
> #535 update MID to be random values when not received in offer (fluffy)
Adam to take a look at the MID/MLineIndex validity change.
If it's OK, Adam to merge (and close #227)
> #538 [WIP] Trigger echidna automatic publications using Travis
> (dontcallmedom)
Dom is in charge.
> #544 remove "public" from ice transport policy ()
Merged.
> #547 Datachannel label and protocol are USVString ()
Merged.
> #549 add missing detail to JSEP references ()
Looks good. Dan will rebase and merge.
There are a number of cases where JSEP is missing stuff we point at -
need to file issues against JSEP to make sure it has the content.

> #552 Never close the RTCPeerConnection if setting a local/remote ()
Merged.
> #553 Move 'closed' state from RTCSignalingState to RTCPeerConnec ()
Asking Jan-Ivar and Bernard to review.

> Issues
> --------
> #142 "Hold" unspecified (aboba)
Let's get the enum things first.
> #227 .mid attribute - random or Null when MID is not present in  (fluffy)
Adam will close when merge.
> #253 Assurance that requests to IdP proxy originate from the use
> (martinthomson)
> #257 ICE Candidate should have accessors for protocol-relevant i
> (alvestrand)
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> Had a chat with Varun on Wed. Will chat again Monday.
>
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
Likely to only affect stats.
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (burnburn)
> #364 Browser calls close() on failed rollback (adam-be)
> #369 addTrack's streams parameter is unused. (adam-be)
> #375 true as default values for dictionary is bad practice (adam-be)
Reassigned to hta
> #389 Should have a "closed" RTCPeerConnectionState (pthatcherg)
> #440 Use interfaces not dictionaries (adam-be)
> #442 Impossible to know if ICE agent is "finished checking", for (taylor-b)
> #457 Non-normative ICE state transition diagram (aboba)
Aboba & Taylor chatting.
> #478 Clarify relation between a local track's settings and how i (stefhak)
> #483 Signaling a=end-of-candidates (aboba)
closed
> #492 avoid risk of reentrancy (ShijunS)
> #495 File a WebIDL issue to add the DOMException names WebRTC ne
> (martinthomson)
> #513 Handling the stopping of a track should be described (adam-be)
> #517 Clarify ICE consent freshness feedback (aboba)
part of the state machine discussions with Taylor
> #518 PING review of webrtc-pc spec ()
> #522 Setting iceCandidatePoolSize to a non-zero value may initia (adam-be)
> #523 Add API to control encrypted header extensions for RTP ()
Stefan to review, mark "later" and close.
> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (adam-be)
> #529 MediaStreamTrack clarifications needed(?) (stefhak)
Removing readonly and remote helped. More work needed.
> #534 Should remote tracks have .readonly false or true? ()
OBE. Closed.
> #541 "public" is deprecated ()
Closed.
> #542 Server cannot be reached - Issues with IPv6 ()
More Taylor/Bernard discussions
> #543 Datachannel's label and protocol should be USVString ()
Fix merged. Closed.
> #546 A data channel protocol can be "(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)" ()
Closed as "not a problem".