From: Stefan Håkansson LK [mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:25 AM
To: webrtc-editors@alvestrand.no
Subject: What track settings are carried over a peer connection?

Hi,

I'm working on the PR that says the "characteristics such as width, height, framerate and so on" should be carried over a PeerConn (i.e.
that the remote track should have similar characteristics as the one being sent). This can be expressed in terms of MediaTrackSettings, but it made me wonder:

Have we documented somewhere what the MediaTrackSettings should read out for a track sourced by a PeerConnection.

Things like width, height, framerate seems straightforward, but what about things like facingMode, echoCancellation, latency? That should
(is?) be documented somewhere.

Stefan