Notes, October 15

Hm. I found this window open. Seems I did not hit "send".

On 10/15/2015 03:50 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Here's my list for today:
>
> Overarching items:
>
> - Wide review of webrtc-pc started.
FYI.
> - TPAC agenda
> (http://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/wiki/October_29_-_30_2015) - missing
> stuff?
Dan additional item: Text for "how to do extensions" (Dan will have PR
ready, as a basis for discussions).
Anssi mentioned 2 examples of other specs having such sections. AI:
Stefan to share the links.

> Mediacapture-main PRs (all but one of these are less than 2 days old!)
>
> #256 stop using IANA registry ()
> Close as not suitable to the vote outcome?
Stefan will close this.

> #258 Reorganize definition of constrainable properties without a  ()
> This is Dom's approach to reflecting the vote result. Someone needs to
> review.
Dan will take a careful look at this.

> #259 Specify that groupId is to be cleared when cookies are ()
> LGTM
Merged.

> #260 Update privacy section with lessons from TAG questionnaire ()
> Seems reasonable - if this is all we need to do, we're home safe.

One more comment, can be merged. Adam will merge.

> #261 Warn against UUID fingerprinting ()
> LGTM  - merge?
Merged.

> #262 Fingerprint marks ()
> Someone needs to review (and look at how the magic marker thing at the
> bottom turns out in practice)
Adam will inspect.

> #263 Align onoverconstrained ()
> Looks good to me.
Adam will check.

> #264 fix trackClone algorithm wording ()
> Looks good to me.
Merged.

> Mediacapture-main issues (if no comment, I expect the assignee to report).
Stuff without comments is "no action to report".

> #118 A practical algorithm for constraint resolution needs to be
> (alvestrand)
> Zzzz
> #127 Lack of timeout / cancellation leads to UI inconsistencies (alvestrand)
> Icebox.
> #193 How is adaptive frame rate to be handled? (alvestrand)
> Zzzz
> #212 Privacy/security review questions (dontcallmedom)
> Does #260 solve this?
Adam will close.
> #227 Update onoverconstrained event handler attribute description (burnburn)
> PR #263
Adam will close.
> #232 clone a track: "inherit" not defined (adam-be)
> #237 step 5 in clone algorithm seems confusing. (burnburn)
> PR #264
Closed.
> #238 Some text on constraints needs updating. (burnburn)
> #242 Management of track members in a stream (aboba)
> #244 Explain how extensions are to be done (burnburn)
Dan will have something to present at TPAC.
> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything. (burnburn)
> #248 Conflicting information about OverconstrainedError.constrain (burnburn)
> #249 PING: Document tradeoff for non-HTTPS usage of getUserMedia (aboba)
> #250 PING: Refer to security-arch on the MUST inside Best Practic (aboba)
> #251 PING: Mark fingerprintability of device enumeration (aboba)
> I think #262 solves this.
> #255 Generation of IDs needs consideration ()
> I think #261 solves this.
> #257 Non-existent constraints attribute in 4.3.2 ()
> I think "constraints structure" is OK - we're not requiring that the
> internal representation be a dictionary. Agree that the language needs
> cleaning up. Volunteer?

Dan.

> WebRTC-1.0 PRs:
>
> #266 Tidy up setLocal/RemoteDescription processing model (adam-be)
Waiting for review.
> #293 Add RTCRtpTransceiver and PeerConnection.addMedia. ()
Adam will review (but will let us know when he has to drop off).
> #315 Reorganize travis setup to use centralized check script
> (vivienlacourba)
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable ()
> #323 terminology fixes:  stream to track ()
Merged.
> #325 Adding additional members to RTCIceCandidate dictionary. ()
Merged.
> #326 Options to guide codec selection ()
TPAC topic.
> #327 Adding sha-256 to the certificate management options for RSA ()
Merged.

> WebRTC-1.0 issues:
>
> (someone's been doing a good job of cleaning out here!)
Forgot to update the pull script :-( there were more.

#8: Assigned to Harald.
#21: Dan promised to take another look.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.