Notes, Nov 12

Den 12. nov. 2015 14:57, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Admin items:
>
> - Feedback from TPAC and IETF
> - Kudos for getting so much done before TPAC!

Virtual meetings are a Good Thing - 20-person videochats still problematic.
Jitsi and Blackboard (Ben Weeks) are options to investigate.

> Media Capture and Streams - Pull requests
>
> #265 Refer to security-arch for HTTP (and HTTPS) Best Practice (I ()
> Goes too far in saying "just say NO to HTTP origins"?

Bernard will update with slightly weaker language.

> #266 Add detailed steps for removeTrack() ()
> Needs to show when we fire a removetrack event.

The text about firing the event is in the text before the "add the
track" algorithm.
The text that should point to this is in section 10.2.2 of webrtc-pc -
"Events on MediaStream".

At the moment, event firing is only in webrtc-pc, which is arguably the
wrong place.
Needs another round of updates.

> #270 Clarify how a cloned track is initialized (remove 'inherit'  ()
> Looks good?

Merged.

> Media Capture and Streams - Bugs
>
> #118 A practical algorithm for constraint resolution needs to be
> (elagerway)

Erik to close.
> #127 Lack of timeout / cancellation leads to UI inconsistencies (alvestrand)
> #193 How is adaptive frame rate to be handled? (alvestrand)

This is becoming important - see discussions on simulcast with framerate
scale.
Bernard's comment in the bug makes sense.
Assigning to Bernard to suggest specific language.

> #232 clone a track: "inherit" not defined (adam-be)

Closed

> #238 Some text on constraints needs updating. (burnburn)
> #242 Management of track members in a stream (aboba)

This will hopefully be resolved by #266.

#265 should close both of these.

> #257 Non-existent constraints attribute in 4.3.2 (burnburn)
> #267 Permission model for cross-origin iframes ()

Assigned to Adam. We might make it a meeting topic.

> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM ()

Also Adam.

> #269 Inconsistency in releasing permissions for a source ()

Text fix. Adam will do.

> #271 Track changes on cloned streams ()

This seems to end up as "no change needed". Stefan will watch it and
close when appropriate.

> WebRTC-PC - Pull requests (21)
>
> #266 Tidy up setLocal/RemoteDescription processing model (adam-be)
> Needs rebase and review.

Adam needs to take another pass. The text currently written expects the
old queueing model; the new one is sometimes a little different.

> #315 Reorganize travis setup to use centralized check script
> (vivienlacourba)
> Dom/Vivien - status?

Not on this call.

> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable ()
> Accepted in Sapporo. Waiting for EKR to review.
>
> #349 Defining RTCIceCandidateInformation, which inherits from RTC ()
> Was discussed in Sapporo. What did we resolve?
> Needs rebase.

Erik to follow up.

> #350 RTCRtpSender support objects -> interfaces ()
> Was discussed in Sapporo, but I can't think what the resolution was.

Aboba comments that the read-only objects will have to be read-write in
NG, which will make things churn - this may not be a Good Thing.

> #351 FrozenArray for interface, sequence for dictionary ()
> LGTM (I guess the message is "[] must die")
> However, webidl-check barfs on it. Bug?
>
> #353 Plan X: Add an API for using RID to do simulcast ()
> Needs rebase.
>
> #354 Fix formatting of Sections 5.2 - 5.6 ()
> Needs rebase.
>
> #357 Making RTCRtpTransceiver properties SameObject ()
> Let's merge.
>
> #361 Adding setCodecPreferences to RTCRtpTransceiver ()
> Looks good to me.
>
> #365 Adding an accessor for the browser-configured ICE servers ()
> Fails Travis. Flake? (Note: Closing and reopening the PR creates another
> Travis run. Let's see what that says.)

Still failing.

> #367 Use updated reference for Secure Hash (FIPS-180-4) ()
> Referenced specref PR is merged. Ready?
>
> #368 FIx a bunch of markup issues ()
> Dom/Vivien, will this interfere with your #315, or is it OK? (adds check
> target)
> (ran out of time at this point)
>
> #371 Add RtcpMuxPolicy ()
> #372 Use RFC5888 rather than 3388 for SDP ref ()

Merged.

> #374 Throw on too long label/protocol in createDC ()

Merged.

> #376 Use "media description" instead of "m-line" ()
> #380 Another bunch of editorial fixes ()

Too long for the last minute!

> #381 Use unsigned long for positive values ()

Merged.

> #385 Don't invoke public API in legacy function section (Issue #3 ()
> #387 Use USVString for datachannel.send() ()

Merged.