Notes, May 13, 2015

Den 12. mai 2015 23:03, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> This time, the meeting is on Wednesday rather than Thursday. Still using
> Hangouts.
> Dan regrets, Adam will join.
>
> Action Item Review:
>
> - HTA: Follow up WebAudio group's issue. (no action)

No action.

> - Stefan: Follow up on filing a bug on HTML 5.1 regarding direct assignment

Stefan sent mail to the list, no response. Asked Dom to contact his W3C
contact.

> - Dan: Write text for Domenic to look at wrt simple errors (PR #170 has
> been created)

Domenic likes what he sees, has asked Dan to extend to all errors.
AI completed, further discussion under #170.

> No new AIs from last week.
>
> Media Capture and Streams
> -------------------------
> PRs, 3 open:
> - #165 defer to HTML 5.1 for direct assigment - assigned to Jim.
> Reassign to Stefan per AI above?

Already reassigned.

> I think we have identified that the PR is probably not right as-is (some
> parts need to remain), but consultation with HTML needed.

See above - token with Dom.

> - #168 Active attribute vs active concept - assigned to Adam, annevk has
> advice. Adam, update or merge?

Adam will revise.

> - #170 new error language - defer for Dan's action?

Leave for Dan to update.

> Bugs, 7 open - let's talk about #157 and #163
>
> - #118 Practical algorithm for Ideal
> - #127 Timeout / cancel for getusermedia - resting, waiting for others
> to conclude about cancelling in promise-based APIs
> - #157 enumerateDevices vs getAll() (bikeshed should remain green)

Assigned to Stefan. LC 3010 is assigned to Harald. Assigning both to Harald.

> - #159 MediaStream active attribute (addressed by #168)
> - #161 Direct assignment (addressed by #165)
> - #162 MediaStreamError should not be an interface (addressed by #170)
> - #163 Please use [Exposed] - Exposed=Window, assign for editing

Adam will edit.

> Last Call responses
>
> https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/47318/WD-mediacapture-streams-20150414/
>

> Chairs' comments so far:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nFzNORr6w_d_CQP3-LofK3bj0-1cwuazZicD2jn8Ekk/edit
> (Adam, I think I need a Google account name to share it with you)

Document shared with Adam.
We will work through the issues and get resolutions suggested before the
telecon - after the telecon, Stefan and Harald will contact people to
see if their concerns have been addressed.

We should have a new editors' draft pushed out well before the
teleconference.

> WebRTC-PC
> ---------

There is still a sentence that refers to "detached from its source". It
needs removing - but the sense (that you can flip enabled after .stop,
but it doesn't help) should remain.

> PRs, 9 open, #228 is new since last week
>
> - #29 still waiting for Martin. Is it useful to ask someone else to take
> a look?

Stefan will send a mail to inquire whether someone else should take a look.

> - #195 ReplaceTrack

List discussion seems to have reached a reasonable conclusion. Stefan
will attempt to summarize.
Assigned to Stefan.

> - #214 Certificate management

Needs a rebase after #213. Asking Martin to do so.

> - #215 Expires for certificates

Still waiting for #214

> - #220 Muted state

Adam will take another stab at clarifying this - we need muted at
startup before media arrives, when ICE disconnects, and possibly on
explicit signalling (but we don't have any such signals defined).
Possible RTP-usage issue: Is TMMBN permitted or required to be parsed?

> - #221 RTCRtpReceivers created and dispatched

We should refer to JSEP not SDP for the description. The term "media
description" is the right term to use. Adam to update.

> - #222 Operations array -> Chain - discussion has mutated into being
> about interaction between addTrack and ceateOffer/createAnswer.

Discussion continues.

> - #225 Support for pending and current SDP - I think I like it now (even
> though I want to move a text block). Others?

Assigned to Adam for review and possible merge.

> - #228 Initial pass at QoS API - I think I like it (modulo refs). Others?

Waiting for references to resolve. Assigning to Dom.

> Bugs, 37 open
>
> I think we need a bug bash ... perhaps an open IRC channel session or
> something.... these are growing old. Thoughts on how to get these done?
> (perhaps after the MediaCap last call has completed)

We'll get back to this bunch. But not today.