mediacapture review

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <peter@andyet.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 06:47:42 -0700
To: WebRTC-Editors <webrtc-editors@alvestrand.no>
[private for now]

Last night on a plane I finally got a chance to read over the entire
mediacapture document in one sitting. Overall I think it's in good shape
(no big surprise there given all the work and thought that's gone into
it by the team here).

Here are some things I found:

- Obvious typos (do I create one PR for all of those together?)

- Near-typos, consistency issues, infelicities, and potential wording
improvements (do I raise questions about them on the
public-webrtc-editors list or file issues in github or submit separate
PRs for each or something else?)

- Possible misunderstandings on my part, mostly about terminology and
concepts (I'd prefer to ask on public-webrtc-editors or investigate
further on my own before taking more public action)

- One or two questions about privacy and security that I'm sure have
been hashed out endlessly so I don't particularly want to go over old
ground again (I might ask the editing team about those first before
posting to the public-media-capture list if appropriate)

- There is some difficult text about constraint processing and fitness
distance and such - especially the applyConstraints method - but perhaps
that is unavoidable (I might see if I can propose some clarifications
but will raise them first within the editing team)

I now feel that I have more context to handle issues and PRs on
mediacapture. To improve my productivity on the team, I will carve out
time next week to perform a similar review of the webrtc-pc document.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter