W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webrtc-editors@w3.org > April 2015

Notes, April 23

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:10:21 +0200
Message-ID: <55390B5D.7060802@alvestrand.no>
To: public-webrtc-editors@w3.org
Personnel / admin issues:

- Adam will be away for 2 weeks starting Monday April 27 - back May 11.
- We'll try Hangouts for this meeting next week.

Den 22. april 2015 18:17, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Trying to be a little more formal, calling this note an agenda, and
> sending it out the day before.... still, if you have other things that
> need talking about, holler!

> 
> * GetUserMedia status - Last Call comments so far
> 
> Suggest we do "editorial stuff" (things that don't change the way the
> spec works, but make it clearer) on an ongoing basis. We shouldn't
> bother with a new version until there's a substantive number of these.

The WebAudio group has a major issue that we need to consider at some
point. Poster: Joe Berkovitz - some suggestions are major.

AI HTA: will follow up.

> - Pull requests
> #156 Broken fragment - editorial as they come! (and having a linkchecker
> is good)

Merged.

> #165 HTML 5.1 linkage for srcObject (deleting duplicated text is good)

Somewhat worried about downrefs. HTML 5.1 will take a while to complete.
We will ask Jim Barnett to review that it's all OK, and ask Dom about WD
vs nightly reference.
AI Stefan: Email Jim to ask.


> - Bugs
> Defer #163 because we need feedback from list.
> Defer the #157 (rename) - it's not a technical issue.
> Defer #164 (not detaching source) - it can get more list time.
> Skip #161 - it's addressed by PR #165.
> Need assignment for simple item:
> #158 Tamper-free language

Assigned to Adam.

> #159 MediaStream's active attribute

Assigned to Adam.

> #160 MediaStreamTrackEvent and nullable

Assigned to Adam.

> 
> Need someone to be point person for long term item:
> #162 Error (this is a rathole - see other discussions
>  -  WebRTC #140, #35, I think there were more...

The push is towards simple exception, where name = class name, and they
will all be SimpleException. We need more info in some cases; sadly,
there doesn't seem to be a good mechanism for it.

We also need to have error names that other people don't have.

Assigned to Dan. This has to go on the lists - with CC to Domenic and Anne.

"We want the ability to define new error names, and the ability to
return additional information."

> 
> * WebRTC status
> - Pull requests
> #29 mediadiscarded - close?
> #171 RTCAnswer options - consensus?

Merged.

> #178 Identity provider - updated. Looks good?

Dan thinks it's ready (but a little worried about a language thing about
resolve/reject), but is willing to trust Martin that it's OK. Dan will
merge once Martin has rebased.

> #193 .mid property

Need a response from juberti.

> #195 replaceTrack - still skip
> #213 setConfiguration - good? (Adam)

Updated to make it clear that setConfiguration overwrites.
(note - still need to state that input of an url results in a list on
getConfiguration).

Needs rebase - Adam will rebase and merge.

> #214 Certificate management - new try

Harald has commented on this.
Stefan will also take a look. EKR and Ryan need to take a look.

> #215 Expires attribute in cert management - depends on #214?
> #217 Markup fixes - uncontroversial?

Already merged.

#220 Clarify muted state - fix of #139, by Adam - but there may be more
in #139 that needs addressing. Possibly this is good enough.
The outcome of the RTCWEB meeting in Dallas was unclear - but it did
discuss muting.

The generic muting algorithm should probably be in getusermedia.
Adam will continue to work on this (during the weekend).

We stopped before addressing issues.

> 
> - Issues
> 
> all 7 "bug" items remain open - how are they going?
> #21 MUST - Dan
> #35 TypeError - Adam
> #139 causes of a track being muted - Adam
> #140 onerror callback typed - Dan
> #145 updateIce rename - covered by #213
> #156 addtrack async - Stefan
> #198 ontrack vs setRemote resolution - Adam
> 
> Should be enough for the hour.
> 
Received on Thursday, 23 April 2015 15:10:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:19:02 UTC