Planned maintenance: accounts and notes services migration

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:59:33 -0400
To: List WebPlatform public <public-webplatform@w3.org>, public-spec-annotation@w3.org, "List Hypothes.is dev" <dev@list.hypothes.is>
Hi all,

In the next hours I will be switching DNS records over to a new cluster
for both accounts.webplatform.org and notes.webplatform.org.

Both services are in use on supported W3C specs and I’m taking the
opportunity of the week-end to let DNS zones to propagate.

Due to the fact that we are migrating across data-centers, we have no
choice to forbid new accounts creation.

Today, Friday March 13th 2015 around 18:00 EST, the database will be
locked for an hour so we can migrate data to the new data-center.

Status message is at [1].

[1] http://status.webplatform.org/post/113522702665

--
Renoir Boulanger    http://www.w3.org/People/#renoirb