Re: Web Platform Doc Sprint + MeatUp + VGQ together with beyond tellerrand, Düsseldorf, May 18 2014

:) I can already see the Chrome deck chairs! So don’t forget to send one to me, Peter. :D *Jay

Von: Peter Lubbers <peterlubbers@google.com<mailto:peterlubbers@google.com>>
Datum: KW 21 | Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014 22:00
An: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org<mailto:schepers@w3.org>>
Cc: Andre Jay Meissner <ameissne@adobe.com<mailto:ameissne@adobe.com>>, "public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>" <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Betreff: Re: Web Platform Doc Sprint + MeatUp + VGQ together with beyond tellerrand, Düsseldorf, May 18 2014

deck chairs--what a great swag idea! Great job, Jay!

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org<mailto:schepers@w3.org>> wrote:
Hi, Jay–

Thanks for this, and for organizing and running the Doc Sprint! I'm sorry again for the schedule conflicts, and we hope to set up a better channel for communication so that this doesn't happen again.

Only 25% drop-off rate is excellent for a free event, especially one where people are volunteering their time. This really shows the community spirit there!

This is a wonderfully detailed report; so much so, at first I confused it for the blog post!

I love the theme, and the event looks like it was really productive. I'd like to figure out if some of that energy can be sustained on the community telcons and IRC conversations, or if it's more of a function of the face-to-face nature.

BTW, I feel the pain of the Semantic MediaWiki and Dabblet problems, and we hope to spend the summer focusing on alleviating some of that drag.

Regards-
-Doug