Re: calling internationally

As Doug May said, you can use a SIP client.  The w3 internal wiki [1] has
some info on possibilities.  I have been using Ekiga [2], which both sets
you up with a SIP address and provides the software to use it.

The active "content meetings" page [3] was updated with that info, and I
have just removed the out-of-date info from the page you linked to [4].
 Perhaps some more clean-up or reorganization would be appropriate to make
the current information the first page you come across, but at least we
shouldn't have inaccurate information distracting you.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP
[2]: https://ekiga.im/index.php
[3]: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Community/Meetings/Content
[4]: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Meetings