RE: What's the purpose of #webplatform-bot?

I mainly made it to have a central place to monitor stuff, like recent changes on the wiki, annotations and GitHub notifications. I don’t always have the respective feeds open in my browser, but I always have my IRC client open. :)

I don’t want to pollute the main channel with all this stuff, I see that on other channels and I don’t like it. The extra channel also serves as a testbed for the bot, to which I’ll add more features, once I get the chance to do so.

-fro

From: Julee Burdekin [mailto:jburdeki@adobe.com]
Sent: Freitag, 7. Februar 2014 19:05
To: Renoir Boulanger
Cc: List WebPlatform public
Subject: Re: What's the purpose of #webplatform-bot?

Doh! Yes, it’s logging code changes as well! That’s cool.

OK, that might be too much noise for the main channel.

-------------------

Julee Burdekin

Content Strategist

Adobe Web Platform

From: Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date: Friday, February 7, 2014 at 10:00 AM
To: julee <jburdeki@adobe.com>
Cc: WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>

Hi Julee,

I have to say that I got aware of it myself only a few weeks ago.

But I think that being notified about code pushes and other type of contributions on IRC is quite helpful.

I think it would be even better if we send this to #webplatform itself.

Opinions?

Renoir

~