Re: Re: We need a more UI-friendly group

The fact that it is only indexed by Facebook and other search engines are
not allowed to index it is a major flaw. I have a choice of using my GMail
(or any other mail client that has the ability to search) search (assuming
I subscribed from the beginning), or any other search engine to find
discussions in the group.
With your proposal, I am locked to Facebook (and its particular search
abilities). Also, not everyone has or uses Facebook. I, for one, have a
Facebook account, but I rarely go there. I realize I am not the majority,
of course, but why do I have to create or maintain a Facebook account to
discuss web platform documentation?
Facebook is also much heavier (to load and interact) than these almost
plain text mailing lists.

I feel your issue can be solved with a bot that posts everything in the
mailing list to Facebook. And if Facebook has some API for getting posts
and comments from the group, then it can be a full duplex situation, where
posts posted on the Facebook group would also reach the mailing list.

☆*PhistucK*