Re: code.webplatform.org

Hi,

don’t go blaming a ghost in the dark yet.....

is anybody else having problems with IE11 on code.webplatform.org ?

so far nobodys responded yes... It must be just me.

The workaround of using another browser is no problem for me... I am already using three.

In answer to Phils question.

Also, what is the minimal Internet Explorer version you expect to support? 11? 10? 9? 8? Anything that docs.webplatform.org supports with progressive enhancements?

I think it should be IE8, IE9 and higher support addEventListener, inline svg, and various levels of HTML5 and jsAPI’s.

The major web sites like google and facebook already have policies that states they will support the last three versions of any vendors browser.

that said, I think it is important that code examples include feature tests, not necessarily IE8or higher feature tests . Feature test for the standard and offer a graceful fallback.
eg.
if(window.addEventListener){
// standards
window.addEventListener(‘event’,handler,false);
}else{
// legacy
window.attachEvent(‘on’+’event’,handler);
}